In this episode we discuss some listener questions -- and then took off on wild tangents until we ran out of time! Topics covered include: vegetarianism, Carmelites and red meat, the nutritional cravings of cows and human women, the qualification process to become a hermit, an update on Ann's kombucha habit, and an extended discussion on popular music, Sacred music, and opera. Oh -- and "Ball Mason" jars are a thing...
Links, reading, and YouTube:
- Saint Anthony of the Desert
- Saint Mary Magdalene: the patron many people neglect
- The Assumption of Saint Mary Magdalene
- Van Cliburn Interview with NPR -- "The piano is the lowest form of instrument" (at 6m 35s)
- Jack Cashill's run-dwon of who **really** wrote "Dreams of my Father"
- You can **still** buy Ball Mason jars...
- On The Moral Power of Music (Fr. Basil Nortz)
- "Music and Morality" Conference, 3 CDs
Feedback: please send your questions, comments, and suggestions to email@example.com The Barnhardt Podcast is produced by SuperNerd Media; if you found this episode to be of value you can share some value to back to SuperNerd at the SuperNerd Media website. You can also follow SuperNerd Media on Twitter.