In this episode we discuss the recent revelations that Twitter actively engages in shadow-banning of conservative and "redneck" content, both through machine learning and manual intervention, as well as Twitter employees reading the "private" messages and content of users of the service. Additionally we question whether these social media platforms are even needed for conservative writers or if they are counter-productive sources of interruptions where the trolls and "pig wrestlers" love nothing more than to mix it up and get people annoyed. We also talked about social media as a vector for precipitating a Black Swan event -- hacking the right twitter account and posting fake news could cause more real-world effect than an accidental ballistic missile warning!
Links, reading, and YouTube:
- Project Veritas Exposes Twitter (Language Alert!)
- Steve Rambam: Privacy, Anonymity, and Individuality (2016)
- Steve Rambam: Privacy is Dead, Get Over It (2010)
- (Better than Facebook -- Reading) Spiritual Reading for Wednesday of the 1st week of Epiphany
- (Better than Facebook -- Audio) Mental Prayer: from zero to intermediate
- Sermon: Facebook, Twitter, and Backbiting
- Recipies from American's Test Kitchen
Feedback: please send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Barnhardt Podcast is produced by SuperNerd Media; if you found this episode to be of value you can share some value to back to SuperNerd at the SuperNerd Media website. You can also follow SuperNerd Media on Twitter and Facebook.